Coordinate, recruit, and supervise student employees especially focused on the Students Consulting on teaching program.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||2CG – Department not found||Part-time||G98330|
Develop and teach training workshops, especially for adjunct faculty. Assist Director and Associate Director on Center meetings, including faculty Advisory Board, Faculty Learning Communities, and other on and off campus groups requesting a representative from the Center, Implement adjunct training and other activities focused on this population. Maintain records for the Student Consulting on Teaching Program. Coordinate Spring Conferences and maintain Faculty Center Website. Use Microsoft Office software and web tools (Google, blogs, etc.) to communicate and track information and data patterns using Excel or other software programs; write and research professional reports and summaries for both FCTE use and external audiences. Supervise part-time student employees.
- Individual will need to work some evenings and weekends.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience of 4 years.
- Knowledge of trends and practices in faculty development.
- Familiarity with active teaching methods and the literature on higher education and engaged learning.
- Ability to assist with the management of student employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computer, software applications, and educational technologies, including word processing and publication software, Interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate with and educate a number of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Skill in public relations functions. Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and creativity with ability to adapt to growth and shifting priorities as needed.
- Program Planning and Management skills are essential.
- Demonstrate ability to garner peer support for programs and initiatives.
- Willingness to be collaborative in program development and support institution administration.
- Experience in faculty development and student consultant programs.