Under the general direction of the Logistics Supervisor, the Support Technician - Computing & Logistics will perform routine duties associated with logistics within the Emergency Services and provide computer support by troubleshooting and correcting problems with computer hardware or software applications.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|18||2ME – Department not found||Full-time||A99216|
- Function in a supportive role for staff and faculty by securing, providing, and setting up electronic equipment associated with classes, organization operations, events, and activities.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining certifications required to perform various duties, including but not exclusive to maintenance of SCBAs, etc. Enters and updates data associated with inventory control of logistical equipment.
- Assist with maintaining inventory control and equipment scheduling.
- Maintain database information systems including installing regular updates, troubleshooting, creating back-ups, and monitoring performance.
- Provide technical support and training to staff, faculty, and students.
- Perform standard diagnosis and repair of electronic equipment, and resolve software conflicts.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend the purchase of electronic equipment as well as computer software and hardware.
- Track and periodically inventory all electronic equipment and computer software housed at the Fire Science campus. Inform and collaborate with staff and faculty to determine electronic resource needs, modifications to databases, and aids in the creation and ongoing revision of long-term planning for dynamic information systems.
- Evaluate information system operations and advise administration regarding current best practices to ensure optimal performance, functionality, and capability.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Level I: A minimum of one year of experience directly related to the job responsibilities and an associate's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field is preferred; or any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the job responsibilities totaling three years.
Level II: A minimum of two years of experience directly related to the job responsibilities and an associate's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field is preferred; or any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the job responsibilities totaling four years.
Level III: A minimum of three years of experience directly related to the job responsibilities and an associate's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field; or any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the job responsibilities totaling five years.
- Skill in management, operation, installation, troubleshooting of various hardware, software, and other IT-related media and equipment.
- Knowledge of personal computer and network management applications.
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of local and expanded area networking.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro 11 or higher.
- Ability to work independently and with a group.
- Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to exercise interpersonal, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to a technical and non-technical group.