Under general direction of the Chief Planning, Budget & Policy Officer, provides executive level administrative support performing complex and highly confidential duties.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|15||1CA – Department not found||Full-time||A98094|
- Performs advanced and confidential administrative support duties, including composing routine correspondence, meeting minutes, financials, and obtaining factual information requiring knowledge of policies/procedures of both assigned and work related areas.
- Coordinates the preparations & submission of reports, publications, and newsletters.
- Coordinates department financial activities including timecards, PAF's, ESAF's, new hire paperwork completion & submission, requisitions, purchase order, travel, index tracking and reconciliation, budget balances, etc.
- Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies; handle other office duties as needed which may include supervision of office support.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains unit’s file, inventories, ordering, receiving, billing, distributing, monitoring, and reconciling expenditures.
- Oversee the payroll process. Including preparation, submitting, monitoring, & maintaining accurate and complete
- Interprets/explains the facility's policies and procedures to employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc. as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison between faculty and staff.
- Anticipates executive’s course of action when absent and facilitates problem resolution.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinates departmental projects, follows up on pending details, coordinates project team activities and ensures deadlines are met.
- Monitors and prepares divisional or project budget, keeping management apprised of budgetary status.
- Composes eeplies to general inquiries requiring comprehensive area knowledge.
- Exercises independent judgment, initiative and anticipates executive’s course of action when absent and facilitates problem resolution.
- Researches, analyzes and summarizes information and source materials for reports independently.
- Acts as a liaison between faculty, staff, and the Dean, Chief Officer, or Director and university departments/ committees and external constituents (educational/community/business/government leaders).
May provide guidance or work leadership to lower level department clerical staff.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor degree and two years of experience in project management, statistical analysis, and/or administrative assistance; or an associate degree and four years of experience; or experience totaling 6 years.
- Skill in office methods, techniques, practices & procedures.
- Skill in the use of computers and computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, internet, databases, and presentations.
- Skill in the preparation and interpretation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and written procedures & instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet and deal with the people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in the preparation and monitoring of departmental financial transactions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to supervise, direct, and train others in the performance of their duties.