Position: Supervisor - Custodial
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|12||3EC – Department not found||Full-time||S00034|
Under the direction of the Manager - Custodial Services, the Supervisor - Custodial will: provide consistent reliable support to facilities by supervising, training, and motivating custodial staff; hire hourly students; assign areas; follow a cleaning frequency schedule to insure the custodial quality standard of the university is maintained and provide a comfortable environment on campus.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Supervise and train lead, full-time, and hourly custodians to insure quality cleaning, safe operations, and procedure completions.
- Maintain good public relations.
- Approve electronic time sheets, leave records, reports, work orders, equipment repair forms, training records and all necessary paperwork.
- Maintain inventory and supervise the usage of supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
- Train custodial staff on blood borne pathogens, Right to Know, and other safety issues.
- Train proper cleaning techniques, floor care procedures, and use of all custodial equipment to include floor care equipment.
- Hire and coordinate orientation and training of hourly student employees.
- Cover absence of Lead Custodian in their assigned area.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise and train lead, full-time, and hourly custodians.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation with a High school diploma or a GED and four years experience in custodial or related field.
- Working knowledge of custodial procedures, equipment, chemicals, and safety (OSHA rules and regulations).
- Ability to hire and train custodian's and maintain a safe work environment and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to communicate effectively to leaders and custodians, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to dismantle, repair, install, or move machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, enforce safety procedures and filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) Sheets.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of building electrical systems, HVAC systems, plumbing, and water supply systems
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and engineering documents and specifications.
- Ability to use and learn computer programs.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.