The Coordinator of Development Communications simultaneously coordinates multiple projects of development-focused graphic design, web content and site development, writing/editing, marketing, production, and communications planning and implementation for the Division.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|35||6AA – Department not found||Full-time||A98123|
- Design and produce brochures, reports, letterheads, multimedia, and a wide variety of other collateral promotional materials. 40%
- Plan, design, and conduct marketing/communication strategies in support of Development and Alumni goals. In collaboration with University Relations, prepares marketing communications materials to promote development efforts. 20%
- In collaboration with Web Designer/Developer, manage the content and operation of the Development, Alumni, and Foundation websites. 10%
- Manage negotiations and print production of communication collateral with on-campus and off-campus vendors. 20%
- Compile, assemble, draft and edit development, alumni, and foundation documents and communications materials, including gift agreements and fundraising proposals. 10%
- Various part-time and student workers or interns.
- Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s and 1 year of professional experience in multimedia design or an associate’s degree and 3 years of closely related professional experience in a combination of editorial, marketing, multimedia design, and web site development or similar skills.
- Knowledge and experience with project management within a professional design/production setting.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, designing, and implementing marketing, promotions, and communications collateral.
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools, coding, and resources, as well as experience in all phases of publication and production.
- Knowledge of print production and management. Proficiency in graphic design and expert knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and other graphic software.
- Exceptional proficiency with writing and editing.
- Experience with web site development, coding, and content development.
- Proficient with HTML, XML, and other web-related software as well as with Microsoft Office Suite and other office productivity software. Experience working within Content Management Systems (CMS). Strong knowledge of social media software, culture, and marketing tactics.
- Strong verbal communication skills.