Reinforces the UVU brand and position through strategic marketing, public relations and media relations activities. Writes and manages content for a variety of media and platforms to advance the University’s mission. Executes and analyzes marketing strategy to support brand and marketing objectives of the University.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|46||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A97868|
- Shapes, executes and analyzes/assesses strategic marketing plans and campaigns to support brand objectives of the University; evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. 25%
- Serves as editor-in-chief to institutional magazine. 20%
- Interfaces with media outlets and serves as a campus spokesperson. 20%
- Oversees editorial and creative copywriting and content for campus publications, the university web site video and other digital media, helping maintain a consistent brand throughout all media, and serves as department’s chief copywriter and editor. 20%
- Directs integrated marketing, strategic web marketing and media relations staff and efforts and supervise personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. 15%
- Sitting; particularly for extending periods of time.
- Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and five years of experience related to the summary of duties; or a related master's degree and three years of related experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge: Strong knowledge of best strategic marketing concepts and practices, including digital marketing, with preference for experience in a higher education setting; Strong knowledge and experience in marketing assessment and research; Knowledge of branding and positioning principles; Strong knowledge of and experience working with traditional and new media; Strong knowledge of and experience working with news media; Strong knowledge of and experience working with social media.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Versatile writer, including for digital platforms; Strong copy editing skills; Demonstrated media relations skills; Skill in assessing and evaluating marketing strategy and utilizing evaluation tools; Demonstrated leadership skills; Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Abilities: Ability to think strategically; Ability to analyze data and trends in order to make decisions; Ability to manage sensitive information and issues and represent the University professionally and expertly in working with media outlets; Ability to thrive under pressure; Ability to lead people and manage multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to build rapport and lead collaborative projects across internal departments, divisions and among external constituents.