Under the direction of the Instructional Technologist - Aviation, apply instructional directives and aesthetics to design, create, render, and manipulate 3D images for use in online aviation courses and marketing materials. Assist in the organization and placement of web content and multimedia in alignment with effective elements and principles of design.
Position: Designer - Aviation 3D
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|39||2MC – Department not found||Part-time||A97384|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Design and/or create 3D graphics, images or other visual elements to meet specific instructional needs.
- Ensure graphics effectively accomplish their intended instructional objective.
- Utilize effective design principles to organize individual elements into a cohesive, meaningful whole.
- Ensure graphics comply with design and aesthetic standards.
- Assist producer/editor to develop layouts, themes, and materials.
- Ensure graphics, images or other visual elements used on the web are optimized for that platform.
- Ensure style and design coincides with all institutional requirements and formats.
- Provides technical assistance to assistant graphic designer - aviation 3D
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and one year of experience; or any combination of education/experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
- Advanced ability using Maya.
- Advanced ability using Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrable skill (such as a portfolio) in graphic design skills in digital 3D design, color, layout, graphics.
- Ability to think in intuitive, non-verbal and visual terms.
- Ability to apply principles of design in the creation of graphical elements, instructional sequences and user experiences/interfaces.
- Ability to apply end user perceptions and knowledge into design and creation of effective user interfaces.
- Ability to take advanced technical information and accurately represent this information in design and function of 3D elements.
- Ability to apply principles of sufficient design, i.e. effective vs. perfect.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit attention to detail and ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability and willingness to stay current and learn software applications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.