Under the direction of the Employer Relations Coordinator, interacts with employers to create off campus, part-time employment opportunities. Tracks job offers and placement of students in part-time positions for grant purposes. Other duties include, but are not confined to, assisting with managing, planning, and organizing assigned projects such as career fairs, and hosting employers on campus. Coordinate employer interviews, information sessions, classroom presentations, and marketing that meet the identified needs of relevant stakeholder (e.g. students, employers, as well as UVU faculty, staff and administrators).
Position: Assistant - Employer Relations
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|06||4CD – Department not found||none||G98537|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Meets with employers to promote CDC services and UVU students’ to increase part-time job opportunities.
- Head tracking of job offers and placement of students in part-time positions for grant purposes.
- Assists in managing the UV Job Board (assisting employers with postings, etc.).
- Assists Employer Relations coordinator in managing, planning, and organizing all on campus recruiting events ( Career & Internship Fairs, Technology Fairs, PT job Fairs and Monthly recruiting events).
- Assists with arranging on campus interviews, information sessions and classroom presentations for part-time employers.
- Assist as needed with marketing campaigns for all the above events.• Assist in ensuring recruiters on campus follow the On Campus Recruiting Guidelines.
- Performs other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Works occasionally early morning and evening hours to set up for fairs.
Graduation with a High School Diploma or GED and two years work experience related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge and experience with communications, marketing, event/project management and professional networking
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current social, economic and employment conditions and trends.
- Knowledge of basic career and job search principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of institution job placement methods.
- Knowledge of employer staffing practices, needs and recruiting methods.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Skills in computer operations and office applications, mainly MS Word, Excel and Groupwise
- Ability to build professional relationships with current and potential employers.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.