Under the direction of the Head Athletic Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for: providing technical expertise in the fundamentals of the sport, teaching student-athletes basic and advanced skills; assisting in management of the team through recruiting, program development, fund-raising, promotional activities, and related assigned responsibilities. The Assistant Coach guides and mentors student-athletes throughout the academic year.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|30||4GA – Department not found||Full-time|
- Assist in monitoring team members' eligibility according to requirements set by the University Athletic Board, WAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Teach and maintain the effective skill level of the Women's Soccer team.
- Assists in scouting future opponents as well as implement and maintain a recruiting database.
- Assists head couch, athletic director and other department staff in maintaining an effective program and develop of team policies and procedures.
- Organize fundraising programs and community service activities.
- Manage travel arrangements and travel budget.
- Prepare scouting reports and help formulate game plans, developing training programs and summer camps.
- Uphold and abide by all WAC, NCAA regulations and UVU policies and procedures.
- Guide and mentor student-athletes throughout the academic year.
- Maintaining parent and alumni communication, social media presence and other duties assigned by the Head Coach
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree and one year of coaching experience; OR a bachelor's degree and three years of experience related to essential duties; or any combination of education and experience related to the essential duties totaling seven years.
- Knowledge of WAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of equipment management.
- Knowledge of parent and alumni communication.
- Skills in interpersonal relations and problem-solving.
- Skill in execution of soccer summer camps.
- Ability to execute travel needs and manage travel budget.
- Ability to recruit, coach and scout intercollegiate Women's Soccer players.
- Ability to implement and maintain a recruiting database.
- Ability to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate student course work and classroom performance.
- Ability to fundraise and plan and execute community service activities.