Under the direction of the Math Lab Coordinator, the Math Lab Assistant Coordinator will manage the Supplemental Instruction/Structured Learning Assistance programs for mathematics courses; coordinate the program with department chairs and faculty; and hire, train, supervise, and evaluate workshop faciliators.
Position: Assistant Coordinator - Math Lab
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|9||2IA – Department not found||Part-time||G48224|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Coordinate with the Math Advisor to recruit students for Structured Learning Assistance.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate SLA facilitators.
- Update SLA Curriculum materials, facilitator manual, and documents such as student contracts, interview sheets and information sheets.
- Promote SLA to the campus community.
- Coordinate with and train SLA professors regarding the SLA program.
- Assess program effectiveness by administering regular evaluations to students and faculty.
- Collect and analyze data and make recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate and coordinate with chairs of the two math departments regarding both programs.
- Supervises level 7 part time classified (nonexempt), approximate 6 employees
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent and experience teaching and/or tutoring math; associates degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with different constituents.
- Knowledge of test administration techniques and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of Math tutorial/learning materials and instructional aids.
- Knowledge of peer counseling/tutoring processes and methods.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.