Implements, administers, and maintains large, complex, enterprise-level applications to support core organizational functions. This person has the highest level of authority in supporting enterprise applications. Administers and maintains enterprise-level network applications and services. Installs, maintains, trains, and provides user support as required of installed applications. Evaluates and recommends new enterprise software products. Ensures optimal performance, and high availability of enterprise applications. Provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3DC – Department not found||Full-time|
- Serves as a cornerstone for escalating application issues and provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Troubleshoots systems and applications to solve operational problems.
- Performs application configuration and management; define and perform backups and recovery procedures.
- Plans and implements application and systems upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Provides on-call technical support.
- Monitors and test application performance and availability and provide statistics and reports for administration.
- Develops and maintain documentation of all relevant application configurations and parameters.
- Generates and analyzes usage reports and application configuration for performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Installs, develops, and maintains security policies and procedures.
- Leads, trains and/or guides other personnel in the Application Administration team.
- Acts as a consultant and provide advice and technical support to other departments as to operational and application problems or issues.
- Designs and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for application administration and appropriate use.
- Manages operating system and application software on servers at the enterprise level.
- Maintains the proper interoperability of multiple applications and servers, including configuration, patching/updating when required.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Evaluates and recommends new application software products.
- Ensures that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Recommends and execute modifications to systems and application environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Defines and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Coordinates and collaborates with systems administration, network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of enterprise applications to meet business demands.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- On-call availability as needed to ensure system availability.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus five years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position is preferred; or an associate’s degree, plus seven years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position; or any combination of higher education and/or experience related to the essential functions/duties totaling nine years is acceptable. Also successful completion of one current industry recognized certification, that is directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise-level IT systems is required.
- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical documentation and procedures pertaining to systems and application management.
- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to be self-motivated with a strong customer service orientation and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, application protocols, anti-virus software, and relational database.
- Advanced knowledge of script languages such as Pearl, CGI, Java, JVM, JSP, and other scripting tools.
- Knowledge and experience with development and maintenance of portlets.
- Knowledge of eDirectory, Active Directory, and or LDAP directories.
- Knowledge of numerous operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- Strategic planning skills.