Implements, administers, and maintains large, complex, enterprise-level servers including hardware, software, and internet applications such as authentication, directory, and web services. Ensures optimal performance and high availability of enterprise systems. This person has the highest level of authority in supporting enterprise systems. Administers and maintains enterprise-level network applications and services. Strategically designs plans and implements large complex enterprise-level systems to support core organizational functions. Ensure optimal performance and high availability of enterprise systems. Provide technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3DC – Department not found||Full-time|
- Serves as cornerstone for escalating systems issues and troubleshoots systems and applications to solve operational problems; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Performs file system configuration and management; define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
- Plans and implements system upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Manages enterprise directory services and supporting systems infrastructure; monitors and tests system performance and availability; provide statistics and reports for administration.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all relevant system configurations and parameters.
- Generates and analyzes usage reports and system configuration for performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Supervises, leads, and guides other personnel in the Systems Administration Team and provides training and instruction for users and systems administrators in operating system issues.
- Acts as a consultant and provide advice and technical support to other departments as to operational and application problems or issues.
- Designs and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise systems and software.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Develops best practices and operating procedures to ensure optimal performance of systems.
- Assists in designing and implementing data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on.
- Manages hardware and software on servers at the enterprise level.
- Maintains the proper interoperability of multiple servers and workstations in the LAN, including configuration, patching/updating when required.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Designs and implements redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective data protection.
- Evaluates and recommends new network server hardware and software products.
- Acts as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware.
- Ensures that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Recommends and executes modifications to systems environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Coordinates and collaborates with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of enterprise servers to meet business demands.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- On-call availability as needed to ensure system availability.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus five years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position is preferred; or an associate’s degree, plus seven years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position; or any combination of higher education and/or experience related to the essential functions/duties totaling nine years is acceptable.
- Knowledge of numerous operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, UNIX-Solaris. Strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of script languages such as Pearl, CGI, and other scripting tools and of eDirectory, active directory, and or LDAP directories.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, application protocols, anti-virus software, relational database(s).
- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, writes, and interprets technical documentation and procedures pertaining to systems and application management.
- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to be self-motivated with a strong customer service orientation and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.