With technical direction, administers and maintains enterprise level IT systems which may include data center infrastructure, server hardware, system software, and applications. Enforce procedures and solve technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and scalability of systems. Provides problem escalation support as required. Assists with the designs, plans, and implements large, complex, enterprise level systems to supports core organizational functions. This includes new installation and configuration of systems and application along with the general maintenance, security and vendor-supplied updates, basic administration, adhoc reporting, and execution of processes and procedures for ongoing management of the systems environment.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3DC – Department not found||Full-time|
- Enforces procedure and resolve technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and scalability of IT stems to meet business demands.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems hardware, perform system configuration management tasks including backup and recovery, upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied updates.
- Ensures accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and knowledge base articles.
- Generates and analyzes usage reports and system configuration for performance tuning.
- Enforces security policy and procedures.
- Provides training to other administrators on system issues.
- Consults with and provides technical advice to other departments.
- Manages hardware and software for systems at the enterprise level.
- Provides advanced technical expertise and serve as the support cornerstone for escalating IT systems issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Provides on-call technical support.
- Performs other duties related to the essential functions as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus three year of work experience administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems; OR any combination of higher education and work experience totaling seven years related to Information Technology, four of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems. Also successful completion of one current industry recognized certification, that is directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise level IT systems is required.
- Skill in working in a customer service, team-oriented, collaborative environment; highly self motivated wit the ability to learn quickly.
- Skill with various computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentations, Internet tools, email systems, and performance monitoring tools.
- Skill with TCP/IP, application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software and relational database(s).
- Knowledge and experience with presenting ideas in user-friendly language. Strong customer service, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Linux, VMware ESX, Exchange, Mac OS, Windows OS.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintains systems hardware including SAS/SATA, RAID, and Storage Network Fabrics. Including knowledge of the design , implementation and maintenance of Active Directory, and LDAP directory.
- Knowledge in Perl, CGI, C, Powershell, BASH, and scripting tools.
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN and NAS.
- Knowledge of load balancing, clustering, and cacheing procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, and MySQL.