With general direction, administers and maintains enterprise level IT systems, which may include network hardware, server hardware, system software, and applications. With general direction enforce procedures and solve technical issues and ensure availability, reliability, stability and scalability of systems. Provide problem escalation support as required. Assist with the planning and implementation of large, complex enterprise level systems to support core organizational functions. This includes new installation and configuration of systems and application along with general maintenance, security, and vendor-supplied updates, basic administration, adhoc reporting, and execution of processes and procedures for ongoing management of the systems environment.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3DC – Department not found||Full-time|
- With general direction, enforces procedures and resolves technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability and scalability of IT systems to meet business demands.
- With general direction, installs, configures and maintains systems hardware, performs system configuration management tasks including backup and recovery, upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied updates.
- Checks the accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and knowledge base articles.
- With general direction generates and analyzes usage reports and system configuration for performance tuning.
- With general direction enforces security policy and procedures.
- With general direction provides training to other administrators on system issues.
- As directed consults with and provides technical advice to other departments.
- With general direction manges hardware and software for systems at the enterprise level.
- As directed provide advanced technical expertise and serves as the support cornerstone for escalating IT systems issues; provides timely response to customer escalations.
- Provides on-call technical support, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of enterprise level systems hardware and applications.
- Creates, modifies, and executes shell scripts, performs transaction and security audits, monitors systems performance and create reports as needed.
- Performs other duties related to the essential functions as designed.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus one year of work experience administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems; OR any combination of higher education and work experience totaling five years related to Information Technology, three of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems. Also requires successful completion of one current industry recognized certification within the first year of employment, that is directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems.
- Knowledge of working in a customer service, team-oriented, collaborative environment; highly self motivated wit the ability to learn quickly.
- Skill with various computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentations, Internet tools, email systems, and performance monitoring tools.
- Skill with TCP/IP, application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software and relational database(s).
- Knowledge in presenting ideas in user-friendly language. Familiar with customer service, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Linux, VMware ESX, Exchange, Mac OS, Windows OS.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain systems hardware including SAS/SATA, RAID, and Storage Network Fabrics. Including knowledge of the design , implementation and maintenance of Active Directory, and LDAP directory.
- Knowledge in Perl, CGI, C, Powershell, BASH, and scripting tools.
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN and NAS.
- Knowledge of load balancing, clustering, and cacheing procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, and MySQL.