Administers and maintains enterprise-level IT systems which may include network hardware, server hardware, system software, and applications. Enforce procedures and solve technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and scalability of systems. Provide problem escalation support as required. Assist with the planning and implementation of large, complex enterprise level systems to support core organizational functions. This includes new installation and configuration of systems and application along with general maintenance, security, and vendor-supplied updates, basic administration, adhoc reporting, and execution of processes and procedures for ongoing management of the systems environment.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|3DC – Department not found||Full-time|
- Administers, maintains, enforces procedure, and resolve technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and scalability of enterprise IT systems to meet business demands.
- Installs, configures, and maintains systems hardware. Performs system configuration management tasks including backup and recovery, upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied updates.
- Ensures accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and knowledge base articles.
- Consults with and provides technical advice to other departments.
- Manages hardware and software for systems at the enterprise level.
- Provides on-call technical support, including installation configuration maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise level systems hardware and applications.
- Creates, modifies, and executes shell scripts, performs transaction and security audits, monitors systems performances and creates reports as needed.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Gathers and analyzes data in support of systems management, maintenance, and performances at all levels of the OSI model.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define the outcome criteria for operational accountability and system problems.
- Develops measures to provide insight into the relevance's of information technology to the daily business and operations of UVU.
- Creates systems and performance models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to key staff.
- Analyzes day-to-day functions and processes of database resources to ensure they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas across the organization.
- Provide guidance and instructions to other departments in the development of management and monitoring.
- Develops strategies for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems or processes.
- Performs other duties related to the essential functions as assigned
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus three year of work experience administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems; OR an associates degree in Information Technology or related field, plus five years of work experience in Information Technology, four of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise level IT systems; OR any combination of higher education and work experience totaling seven years related to Information Technology, four of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems. Also successful completion of one current industry recognized certification, that is directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise level IT systems is required.
- Knowledge of various computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, Internet tools, email systems, and performance monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software, relational database(s).
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Linux, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Apache, XML, Mac OS, and Windows OS. Knowledge and in depth experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems and the researching of technical issues; installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware including SCSI, RAID, and I/O.
- Knowledge and in depth experience with operation systems and their standard applications, services and processes such as web servers, email services, file systems, performance management, back-up/restore and access control.
- Knowledge and experience with presenting ideas in user-friendly language. Strong customer service, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in working in a customer service, team-oriented, collaborative environment; highly self motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
- Skill in writing documentation.Skill in capacity planning, systems design, technical training, security audits, and mentoring of junior team members.