Under the direct supervision, the Specialist – Motor Pool Parking will: operate and maintain a variety of equipment and other fleet vehicles; maintain parking lots, signs, automatic gates and other traffic related areas.
Position: Specialist - Motor Pool Parking
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|08||3ED – Department not found||none||G99714|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Maintain and repair equipment: Back hoe, sweeper truck, dump truck, mule, paint machine and other fleet vehicles.
- Maintain and paint all curbs on campus including fire, and handicap stalls, etc.
- Maintain all parking lots and roadways by filling potholes around campus with cold mix.
- Keep parking lots clean and free from glass, weeds and other refuse.
- Keep gutters and drains running smoothly and free from debris during rain.
- Drive dump truck for grounds, parking services, construction, and sprinkler crews.
- Misc. projects for Parking services.
- Maintain and repair automatic traffic gates and signs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Valid Driver License
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree or two years of experience related to essential duties; OR a combination of education and experience related to essential functions totaling two years.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of street sweeping vehicles, paint sprayers and different painting applications.
- Knowledge and Ability to problem solve.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.