Under direct supervision, coach the UVU Drumline for percussion discipline will coordinate events and practices for UVU Drumline Group.
Position: UVU Drumline Coach
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|4AA – Department not found||Part-time|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Assist Student Life Spirit Team in all events with student participants. 20%
- Assist with teaching appropriate techniques and safety measures applicable to the discipline. 20%
- Provide training to student participants concerning Drumline events and activities. 20%
- Choreograph performances as needed for the position. 20%
Implement skill strengthening programs and attend all UVU Drumline applicable events, games, performances, and practices. 20%
- Supervise 15 drumline students.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Practice schedule: 3 times per week in the evenings for 3 hours.
- Must attend all athletic games, camps, competitions, and events.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree AND one year of full-time paid experience directly related to the summary of duties.
- Ability to recruit, coach and scout Drumline.
- Ability to assist in the design and strategies of game plans and coordinate game and practices.
- Knowledge of team organization, motivation, and strategic skills.
- Knowledge of collegiate Drumline and experience in college level atmosphere.
- Interpersonal problem solving and decision making skills.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students work and performance.
- Uphold and abide by all NCAA regulations and Utah Valley University institutional policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.