|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||6AA – Department not found||Full-time||A98987|
- Works harmoniously with and follows the leadership of the Associate Vice President of Development and the Director of Major Gifts.
- Develops and maintains an active portfolio of 75+ prospective donors who have the ability and interest to make five, six and seven figure gifts to the University; including writing case statements, proposals to prospects and thank you letters to donors.
- Serves as Prospect Manager for prospects and Donor Steward for donors.
- Prepare and successfully implement strategies for major gift fund raising efforts which identify prospects and builds relationships leading to successful gift solicitations.
- Maintain excellent records, per university standards, on donor prospects, including pertinent information on individuals and corporations that have an interest in and ability to support the University's initiatives and programs.
- Record strategies, contacts, and progress made with each donor prospect.
- Encourage and coordinate active involvement in donor relationship-building and gift solicitation initiatives by faculty members and university administrators, making introductions where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with development officers across campus to achieve institution-wide fund raising goals, including active involvement in a capital campaign for the University, when initiated.
- Participate in the institution's system for clearing and coordinating donor prospect names, by collaborating closely with the Development Coordination Group.
- Record development goals, contacts, and progress made with each prospective donor and participates in the institution's system for clearing and coordinating donor prospect names.
- Is involved in appropriate community and professional organizations that will bring positive attention to UVU. Represent the University, as assigned at various community events and functions.
- Form productive and positive relationships with staff, faculty, and volunteers in support of fund raising efforts and donor stewardship.
- Report to the Director of Major Gifts, but is also accountable to the Associate Vice President of Development for fund raising efforts and performance.
- Pursue fund raising opportunities focusing on top University private funding priorities, but will also be responsive to donors' desires to make gifts to other University funding needs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to freely navigate the entire Orem campus, visit other campus locations, and attend local and national meetings.
- Must have personal transportation or means to travel to meetings at other sites relating to the nature of this position's work.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master degree in a business related discipline or equivalent; or bachelor degree in Business or related discipline and two years fund raising experience; or any combination of education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling six years.
Will be genuine, personable and approachable with unquestioned integrity and honesty.
Successful experience in development activities including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donor prospects.
Must be a self-initiating individual with a proactive approach to the job, demonstrating a strong bias for results.
Demonstrated ability to work with business and community leaders, as well as board members.
Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
Experience with major gift and donor steward strategies.
Ability to organize and carry out major fund raising projects, including sound follow-up skills and an entrepreneurial approach to the job.
Must show evidence of being a team leader and team player exhibited by previous success as a supervisor and/or demonstrated success working on collaborative team fund raising initiatives.
Major gift fund raising experience at a college or university.
Current contacts with potential donors, especially prospects for major gifts.