Support ASD staff in providing timely and accurate services to all clients. Prepare reports for and monitor financial transactions, departmental budget, and payroll for ASD. Coordinate the recruitment and hiring of TypeWell program employees in collaboration with the Assistant director of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services and supervise the initial training of new TypeWell employees. Oversee equipment purchasing, maintenance and assignment to the employees. Insure deaf students are receiving TypeWell services in a professional manner. Assist the ADA Director in providing accommodations to employees with disabilities. Maintain records and adhere to ADA laws and policies and procedures of Utah Valley University (UVU).
Position: Administrative Support III - ASD
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||4CB – Department not found||Full-time||A99438|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Coordinates the work flow of the Accessibility Services Department.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors hourly staff (including students) at the front desk and delegate and assign duties as needed under the direction of the ASD Director.
- Analyzes departmental/program expenditures semi-monthly to determine trends; recommend creative solutions. Interpret budget reports & fiscal data for Directors; recommend reallocation of budgets.
- Prepares budget balance reports; advise Directors on expenditures/capital allocation/equipment maintenance. Advise Director on over-expenditures, best methods to handle errors, articulating year-end budgets.
- Monitors budget, financial transactions & payroll for ASD. Compute, plan, & report financial/budgeting needs.
- Supervises the maintenance and acquisition of all materials for the Accommodative Services Department.
- Coordinates the hiring process of new employees as needed by ASD search committees and the Assistant Director of Deaf Services
- Supervises new employees during the distance education training phase and coordinate certification testing with National TypeWell office
- Researches and purchases the new technology for TypeWell program equipment, software, and training packages. Maintain and assign equipment to employees, track equipment usability & schedule equipment repair when needed.
- Collaborates with appropriate college personnel regarding ongoing projects and grants. Organize research involved in support projects and grants managed by the ASD office.
- Maintains electronic and paper records of employees at UVU that have documented disabilities.
- Purchases the equipment, furniture and supplies needed for faculty and staff at UVU.
- Arranges and notify staff and relevant committee members of regular and special meetings including documentation issues that occur at UVU. Organize information for the ADA committee through maintaining accurate and timely minutes and committee files.
- Ensures accurate minutes are taken and reported for all meetings as assigned by the Director.
- Informs employees of ADA requirements and campus policies related to services for accommodating disabilities.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a associate's degree and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or an combination of education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
- Knowledge of various types of disabilities.
- Knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, and electronic filing software, and of business English, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, business arithmetic, and bookkeeping.
- Ability to supervise and train support staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Skill in composing and formulating grant proposals, projects, and budget information.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.