Assistant Professor - Plant Biologist
||2KB – Department not found
Under the direction of the Department Chair - D C Biology, the Assistant Professor - Plant Biologist will prepare and teach courses in one or more of the following emphases: plant ecology, ethnobotany, plant biogeography, restoration ecology, or ecophysiology in addition to introductory biology courses.
- Prepare lectures, and laboratory sessions and instructional materials as necessary.
- Conduct course sessions. Hold regular office hours. Interact with and advise students in and out of class.
- Actively engage students in lectures, discussions and laboratories.
- Grade student assignments and exams and post final grades to central database.
- Attend Department, College, and University Meetings.
- Serve on Department, College, and University Committees.
- Maintain currency in academic field(s) of expertise.
- Engage in professional development activities.
- Assist in program development and improvement.
- Engage in professional organizations and/or good citizenship in the community at large.
- Foster and engage in collegial relations with the community.
- Grant-writing to support teaching, research, conference travel, and other activities strongly encouraged.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Supervise teaching staff for courses in area(s) taught.
Must be able and willing to conduct field laboratories and natural history excursions.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Ph.D. of Plant science or closely related field with emphasis in any of the areas listed above (plant ecology, restoration ecology, ecophysiology, plant biogeography, or ethnobotany). College/university level teaching experience preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the
Human Resources | 801.863.8207 | Hours 8-5 ♦ ROOM BA-110 | **Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.**