Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Admissions - One Stop, the Director - Admissions will: administer the day to day operations of Admissions; administer training sessions for the One Stop Processing Center and assist with training of One Stop Advisors; manage all aspects of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program; coordinate with other departments for any needed data corrections/clean up; administer all aspects of the online application for admissions and all other admission related BANNER operations.
Position: Director - Admissions
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|42||4BB – Department not found||Full-time||A97911|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Direct the online application program, including pushing the applications into Banner, correcting error reports, and sending acceptance letters.
- Coordinate with IT when problems arise with application and letter process.
- Review SunGard documentation for upgrades to the Banner system and coordinate all admission testing before implementation of upgrade.
- Direct the WUE program for UVU including research of best practices and procedures in our region and implement new procedures and regulations as necessary.
- Assist in budget planning and tracking expenditures.
- Direct the Operational Data Storage (ODS) and Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) implementation for admission data.
- Coordinate with SS Business Analyst to produce admissions reports for current applicant numbers and trending projections.
- Problem Solve Banner system for incorrect/incomplete data and direct the data entry for correction.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Willing to work extra hours in a day/week when warranted.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling six years.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to plan community outreach projects.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, work flow, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.