Under the direction of the Department Chair and the Dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, the Assistant Professor - Journalism will teach a full load of courses, develop curriculum, and serve on committees.
Position: Assistant Professor - Journalism
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|01||2GD – Department not found||Full-time||A97932|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Teach courses related to the department "theory and practice".
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught. Prepare instructional materials.
- Instruct, manage, and supervise individuals and groups in classrooms and laboratories by the following methods: demonstration, discussion, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
- Evaluate instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests. Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
- Assist in recruitment, advisement, placement, and follow-up of students. Coordinate internship programs and students as assigned. Recommend students for advancement and graduation.
- Maintain and submit accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Establish and maintain office hours and advise students during this time and at other times as needed.
- Assist advisory, department chairperson, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program. Serve on committees and attend meetings as required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Ph.D. of Communication with specialization in communication and cultural theory. Teaching experience.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.