Under the direction of the Coordinator-Child Care Resource & Referral, the Specialist Child Care Resource and Referral will: povide techinical assistance and training to child care providers in many different contract areas such as community meetings, training classes, agency programs, and other functions.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|32||4BK – Department not found||Full-time||A98182|
- Process and assemble the Start Up grant part #1 paperwork.
- Teach the monthly licensing orientation class.
- Teach Child Care Center staff trainings.
- Teach career ladder classes.
- Facilitate provider resource night.
- Organize and keep current the provider lending library.
- Consult with provider professional associations.
- Consult with after school programs.
- Plan, implement, and document a provider recruitment strategy.
- Some evening and Saturday work required.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor degree and two years of paid professional experience working directly with children; or an associate degree and four years of paid professional experience working directly with children; or a current valid CDA with six years of paid professional experience working with children. Degree transcripts must include agency identified early childhood classes. Candidate must also have a minimum of one year of direct responsibility for the professional development and training of adults. Spanish speaking is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
- Knowledge of developmental issues specific to at-risk infants and/or children.
- Organizational skills and written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.