Under general direction of the Vice President, will provide executive level administrative support performing complex and highly confidential duties.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|15||6AA – Department not found||Full-time||A99320|
- Perform advanced and confidential administrative support duties, including composing routine correspondence, meeting minutes, financials, and obtaining factual information requiring knowledge of policies/procedures of both assigned and work related areas.
- Coordinate the preparations & submission of reports, publications, and newsletters.
- Coordinate department financial activities including timecards, PAF's, ESAF's, new hire paperwork completion & submission, requisition, purchase order, travel, index tracking and reconciliation, budget balances, etc.
- Monitor and prepare divisional or project budget, keeping management apprised of budgetary status.Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Establish, update, and maintain unit’s file, inventories, ordering, receiving, billing, distributing, monitoring, and reconciling expenditures.
- Oversee the payroll process - Including preparation, submission, monitoring, & maintenance to insure accurate and complete payroll records.
- Interpret/explain the facility's policies and procedures to employees, visitors, government agencies, etc. as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between faculty and staff.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinate departmental projects, follow up on pending details, coordinate project team activities, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Compose replies to general inquiries requiring comprehensive area knowledge.
- Exercise independent judgment, initiative and anticipate executive’s course of action when absent and facilitates problem resolution.
- Research, analyze, and summarize information and source materials for reports independently.
- Act as a liaison between faculty, staff, and the Dean, Vice President, or Director and university departments/committees and external constituents (educational/community/business/government leaders).
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- May provide guidance or work leadership to lower level department clerical staff.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor degree and one year of experience in project management, statistical analysis, and/or administrative assistance; or an associate degree and three years of experience; or experience totaling 5 years.
Skill in office methods, techniques, practices and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers and computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, internet, databases, and presentations.
Skill in the preparation and interpretation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills.
Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties with minimum supervision.
Ability to follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to meet and deal with people of diverse backgrounds.
Ability to coordinate and assist in the preparation and monitoring of departmental financial transactions.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Ability to supervise, direct, and train others in the performance of their duties.