Under the supervision of the Director of Career Services, the Specialist - Employer Relations will: assist with managing, planning, and organizing assigned projects such as career fairs, events and employer hosting on campus; manage assigned budget expenditures to meet fiscal objectives; initiate ongoing contact with prospective employers to coordinate employer interviews, information sessions, classroom presentations, marketing and career fairs that meet the identified needs of relevant stakeholders (e.g. students, employers, as well as UVU faculty, staff and administrators).
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||4CD – Department not found||Full-time||A98233|
- Meet regularly with employers to promote CSSE services and UVU's students.
- Manage the UV Job Board (approving positions, assisting employers with postings, etc.).
- Manage the on-campus recruitment days.
- Work collaboratively with assigned career counselor, under direction of Director of Career Services, to coordinate and manage the fall and spring internship and career fairs.
- Work collaboratively with assigned career counselor to coordinate and manage the part-time jobs fair each August.
- Communicate regularly with career counselors regarding on campus interviews and information sessions and coordinate rooms for these events.
- Assist as needed with marketing campaigns and other correspondence and other duties as assigned working with employers.
- Set up for fairs and host employers.
- Perform other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required for occasional professional development/conferences.
- Occasional early morning hours may be required to set up for fairs.
- Occasional evening hours may be required to host employers.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Business or other related field and one year experience related to the summary of duties; or an associates degree with two to three years of experience in event/project management, professional networking or related work.
Knowledge of basic project management principles and practices.
Knowledge of current social, economic and employment conditions and trends.
Knowledge of basic career and job search principles and techniques.
Knowledge of institution job placement methods.
Knowledge of employer staffing practices, needs and recruiting methods.
Skills in interpersonal relations, communications, problem solving, decision making, leadership and teamwork.
Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
Skills in computer operations and office applications.
Ability to build professional relationships with current and potential employers.
Ability to multitask and manage priorities.