Under direct supervision the Honors Program - Coordinator will: coordinate admissions, recruitment and application, and engage in one-on-one academic advisement counseling for prospective and admitted Honors Program students; supervise development of and expenditures regarding marketing and recruitment information, including web pages, brochures, facts sheets, invitations, flyers, and postcards.
Position: Program Coordinator - Honors
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|33||2DK – Department not found||Full-time||A98082 A97919|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and collaborate with Honors Program Director regarding admissions, recruitment and marketing efforts, as well as strategic planning, finance, and budgets.
- Plan and execute marketing, recruitment and orientation events to prospective students and admitted students.
- Travel to regional high schools and two-year colleges to market the Honors Program.
- Direct the planning of events; prizes/awards, food, programs and follow-up correspondence regarding recruitment.
- Manage one-on-one contact for high school and continuing students investigating/applying to Honors Program.
- Collaborate with Student Life in development, administration, and management of pending residential life component.
- Plan and supervise housing arrangements, contracts, orientations, and other responsibilities pertinent to pending development of a sponsored housing program for Honors students.
- Maintain program standards by reviewing student progress in college and departmental honors course work annually.
- Plan and organize the annual Honors Program Graduation ceremonies; delegate planning to other staff as needed.
- Participate in national and regional Honors organizations; attend conferences when possible.
- Represent program in internal/external correspondence, college and school meetings, committee work, and documentation.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties.
- Honors work-study or hourly staff, part time.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Extensive off-campus travel to regional high schools and two-year colleges.
- Availability required for evening and weekend events with students
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor degree in the Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Education, Business, Public Administration or related area. Experience with Honors Program highly desirable.
- Advanced skills in presentation, and public speaking, including designing, writing, and presenting promotional information to faculty, students, parents, and administrators.
- Advanced skills in collaboration and effective communication.
- Advanced interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, prioritizing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Experience with development and management of undergraduate academic & co-curricular programs.
- Managerial and/or administrative experience in higher education/academic setting.
- Experience with and commitment to academic quality/rigor/integrity.
- Skill in record management and file maintenance.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to be self-directed and to complete tasks without supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals from multiple authority levels & diverse backgrounds.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.