Generalist - Human Resources
||3CB – Department not found
Under the direction of the Manager - Employment, the Generalist - Human Resources will perform a variety of analytical activities in Human Resources administration at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, training, and other HR related tasks as needed.
- Perform duties in recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, training, and/or other HR related tasks as needed.
- Answer questions regarding employment policies and procedures, in addition to general HR questions.
- Assist hiring managers with recruiting and selection procedures in compliance with institution, State, and Federal regulations such as screen applications, advertise openings, and recommend salary placement.
- Appropriately screen, direct and/or resolve employee-related problems such as performance issues, complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Conduct various special studies and prepare various employee reports, metrics, and general reports, as needed.
- Ensure that employee policies and procedures are followed and recommend procedural changes that will improve the functioning of Human Resources.
- Assist, facilitate and/or provide training (including orientation) to University employees.
- Support University compensation and benefit programs.
- Design and implement quality improvement and communication methods and materials as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2-3 years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, Affirmative Action, training, etc.). Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Knowledge of HR practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information.
Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and personal issues.
Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels and the general public.
Ability to research and analyze various types of data and information.
Ability to plan and organize time effectively.
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, PowerPoint, and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the