Lab Manager - I
||2KA – Department not found
Under the direction of the Associate Professor - Biology, the Lab Manager - I, will maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies used in the courses assigned as well as assist lab instructors and teach lab sections as assigned.
- Order, purchase, and prepare materials, consumables, and non-consumable supplies needed for each of the courses to which the lab manager has been assigned.
- Maintain a check-out system for equipment and supplies removed from the stock and storage room.
- Assist lab instructors as requested in teaching laboratory sections for courses to which the lab manager has been assigned.
- Teach one laboratory to which the manager has been assigned as part of the contract. Any additional teaching assignments shall be considered and paid apart from the contract.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Will oversee hourly laboratory assistants.
- This position may require some heavy lifting.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in an area of expertise commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and/or equipment. Knowledge of laboratory and experimental protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, and/or environmental health standards.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to utilize, calibrate, configure and/or troubleshoot laboratory testing systems and instruments.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a diverse group or individuals.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the
Human Resources | 801.863.8207 | Hours 8-5 ♦ ROOM BA-110 | **Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.**