Under the direction of the Associate Professor - Biology, the Lab Manager II - Anatomy/Physiology will be primarily responsible for maintenance and proper use of the laboratories, their equipment and supplies as assigned. Assist in teaching laboratory sections for assigned courses as requested by instructors.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||2KB – Department not found||Full-time||A99165|
- Order and purchase materials, consumables, and non-consumable supplies needed for each of the courses to which the lab manager has been assigned.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment & supplies used in each of the courses to which the the lab manager has been assigned.
- Prepare materials, consumables, and non-consumable supplies and instruments needed for each of the courses to which the lab manager has been assigned.
- Maintain a check-out system for equipment and supplies removed from the stock and storage room.
- Assist lab instructors as requested in teaching laboratory sections for courses to which the lab manager has been assigned.
- Teach one laboratory to which the manager has been assigned as part of the contract. Any additional teaching assignments shall be considered and paid apart from the contract.
- Oversee and supervise lab assistants.
- Prepare equipment and materials for each laboratory class to which the lab manager is assigned.
- Instruct the laboratory instructors in the use and safety procedures of instruments and materials used in the courses to which the manager is assigned.
- Maintain MSDS documents for any materials used in the laboratories and keeps them in an accessible place for all instructors and faculty working in the labs.
- Ensure that all safety standards, procedures, and recommendations pertaining to the laboratory experiments, materials, and procedures are adhered to by instructors and students.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- This position may require some heavy lifting
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree and two years laboratory experience related to the duties and responsibilities of the position; or a doctorate degree in an area of expertise related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and specifications of specified laboratory equipment and/or facilities.
- Knowledge of specified laboratory solutions, materials and/or media.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.