Under the administration of the Dean of Humanities and the Art and Visual communications Chair, the Lecturer - Sculpture will teach undergraduate courses in ceramics, sculpture, and 3D design. Position will require the ability to teach contemporary sculpture and ceramic issues and techniques.
Position: Lecturer - Sculpture
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|01||2NC – Department not found||Full-time||A97955|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Design and teach 15 credit hours per semester.
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study with measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepare instructional materials, including evaluations, course outlines, syllabi, visual aids, and presentations, as necessary.
- Emphasize and maintain regular office hours. Advise students during office hours as well as at other times as needed.
- Assist advisors, department chair, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
- Serve on committees and attend faculty and other meetings as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
MFA in Ceramics or Sculpture required from an accredited college or university. Sound exhibition record required.
- Facility supervision and foundation - level teaching required
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.