Watermasters repairs and installs valves, pipes, and sprinkler heads in a timely effective manner to maintain irrigation of UVU properties, approximately 300 acres. Operates light equipment. Assist in updating sprinkler drawings and plans. Assist and operates Maxicom 2 system and its controllers. Assist in pump station operation and maintenance along with filter system and fountains. Assist in culinary water repairs and assist in supervising hourly employees.
Position: Facilities Maintenance II - Watermaster
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|14||3EH – Department not found||Full-time||S00106|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Repairs sprinkler heads and adjust heads as needed.
- Repairs pipe, PVC steel, ductile and copper ½” through 12”.
- Monitors pump stations and filter.
- Monitors controllers and make recommendations to watermaster.
- Monitors Maxicom 2 system and make recommendations to water master.
- Repairs power and communication wires 120 volt through 12 volt.
- Snow removal in timely, safe fashion on all UVU properties.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- A current and valid driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Must be able to withstand tight closed spaces.
- Must be able to handle uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
- Working involves almost constant exposure to weather related conditions.
- Will be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, and chemicals such as: hydrochloric acid, iron and/or fertilizers etc.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially situations that require following safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Heavy physical labor. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 100 pounds or standing, moving and/or walking for more than six hours per day.
- On call 24/7 for water problems and snow removal.
Graduation from high school with two years experience related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of the principle and practices of landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Skills in pipe repair and gluing of PVC pipe and fittings.
- Skills in operation of hand tools and testing equipment.
- Skills in operation of light and heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, staking and surveying materials.
- Ability to calculate water pressure and proper pipe sizing.
- Ability to operate light trucks and tractors.
- Ability to operate computer type controllers.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.