Under supervision of the Lead - Watermaster, the Facilities Maintenance III - Watermaster will: assist the watermasters in repairs and installation of valves, pipes, and sprinkler heads for a timely effective irrigation of UVU properties (approximately 300 acres); operates heavy and light equipment including, but not limited to, dump truck, skid loader, mini x excavator, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and tractors; assist in drafting new sprinkler drawings and updating old drawings; program and operate Maxicom 2 irrigation system, controllers; maintain pump station, fountains, culinary water system and train employees in irrigation repair and maintenance. Will be on call 24/7 for water problems as well as snow removal.
Position: Facilities Maintenance III - Watermaster
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|16||3EH – Department not found||Full-time||A99200|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Repair pipe, PVC, steel, ductile and copper ½” through 12”.
- Repair and replace various types of sprinkler heads.
- Operate heavy and light equipment.
- Supervise and train assistant watermasters and hourly employees.
- Monitor pump stations and filters.
- Monitor controllers and make recommendations to watermaster.
- Monitor Maxicom 2 system and make recommendations to watermaster.
- Purchase needed supplies to maintain systems as necessary.
- Determine how to solve various problems with grades, drainage and availability of space and time to complete job.
- Repair power and communication wiring problems 120 volt through 12 volts.
- Inspect with lead watermaster or director new projects effecting UVU grounds properties.
- Snow removal in timely, safe fashion on all UVU properties.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assistant Watermaster.
- Assistant Watermaster.
- Seasonal employees.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- A current and valid Driver's License is a requirement for this job.
- Must be able to withstand tight closed spaces.
- Must be able to handle uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
- Working involves almost constant exposure to weather related conditions.
- Will be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, and chemicals such as: hydrochloric acid, iron and/or fertilizers etc.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous situations that require following safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Heavy physical labor. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 100 pounds or standing, moving and/or walking for more than six hours per day.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associates degree and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling more than four years.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of landscaping and grounds maintenance.
Knowledge of Maxicom 2 system and pump station operations.
Supervisory skills in leading a managing a productive team.
Skills in pipe repair and gluing of PVC pipe and fittings.
Skills in operation of hand tools and testing equipment.
Skills in operation of heavy equipment such as: skid loader, backhoe, mini x excavator trenchers and dump trucks.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints, staking and surveying.
Ability to calculate water pressure and proper pipe sizing.
Ability to operate light trucks and tractors.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.