Under the direction of the Director of Campus Events, the Specialist - Signage will design and manufacture signs including lawn signs and other exterior signs, as well as interior building signs such as directional signs, ADA and life safety signs, banners, and name plates. Sign materials include aluminum, vinyl, plastic, brass, glass, and wood, among others. Work involves interaction with customers or vendors to discuss needs and to advise on methods, materials, wording, size, and placement of signs.
Position: Specialist - Signage
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|05||5EA – Department not found||Full-time||A99030|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Create room numbers and top inserts that are attached to the frames in each building. These frames are mounted on the lockset side of each door.
- Manufacture 'lawn signs’ and ‘banners’ for conferences, workshops and other events as needed.
- Make simple mathematical computations in the layout of signs (division, addition, subtraction, and multiplication of fractions and decimals).
- Establish priorities for own workload based upon such factors as the need for immediate action, work objectives, work schedule, knowledge of future need, etc.
- Communicate orally with customers, clients, and the public in face-to-face settings or over the telephone.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Work with cleaning fluids, chemicals, inks, paints, or similar solutions using only normal protective equipment.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Observe or monitor objects to determine compliance with prescribed specifications.
- Perform misc. duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to run the new Hermes safety saw.
- Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds such as the sheer, ladders, and media cart.
- Ability to climb ladders and install signs on hallway walls and from ceilings.
- Ability to bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to work on sign layout.
High school diploma or GED and at least six months of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to Master the New Hermes software programs of CASmate pro 6.52 and GravoStyle (126.96.36.199.).
- Ability to run shop tools and power tools such as Sabre saw and drill.
- Use of proper English grammar and spelling used in the development of signs.
- Working knowledge of personal computer.
- Knowledge of modern sign-making technology and software.
- Knowledge in standard design layout and the use of borders, margins, alignment, letter spacing, etc.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.