Under the direction of the Sr. Director, the Coordinator - Wee Care Center will: manage all aspects of the operations of UVU Wee Care Childcare Center ensuring a safe, comfortable, and creative environment in which children ages six weeks to 12 years can mature and learn; assure all services are provided in accordance with federal, state and UVU guidelines; supervise staff; interact with both parents and children; manage budgets and promote the center to local community.
Position: Coordinator - Wee Care Center
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|13||4BJ – Department not found||Full-time||A97633|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Hire, train and supervise childcare workers in age appropriate activities and curriculum.
- Implement all state and federal licensing requirements
- Develop curriculum for infant, toddler, pre-school and school age children.
- Plan work schedule for large part-time staff and schedule an "alternating schedule" for childcare that serves up to 150 children.
- Develop policy and procedure for childcare center, oversee activities of the childcare center advisory board and assist in grant witing as needed..
- Give tours of the center and negotiate with parents to resolve problems, etc.
- Track the waiting list and drop list and fill in spaces as they come available.
- Track CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers Renewals for the Employee files.
- Maintain accurate records, including background checks on teachers and children health reports.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise the teachers, and make sure they are following their curriculum every week. Keep the rooms organized and the teachers on track with required training.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to be physically active and must be able to lift children up to 25 lbs.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a associates degree or CDA and experience totaling six years related to the essential duties.
- Knowledge of problems facing single parents, displaced homemakers and low income individuals.
- Knowledge of state and federal licensing regulations.
- Knowledge of community resources available to children.
- Knowledge of age appropriate activities and curriculum for children six week to 12 years.
- Knowledge of federal food program, licensing regulations, and knowledge regarding Pro-Care.
- Knowledge of effective marketing techniques and methodologies.
- Skill with computers and software applications.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Budget and record management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with people with a variety of situations.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.