Under the direction of the Executive Director assist small/medium manufacturing firms/companies with initial assessment for needs including expansion, information, identifying problems/solutions, plant layout, product processes, environmental and regulatory matters, funding appropriate resources and refers to the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) service provider.
Position: Manufacturing Extension Agent- MEP
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|39||3GA – Department not found||Full-time||A97989|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Make initial cold sales calls to manufactures throughout the state, follow up on interest from leads of call center, Web site and inquiry calls.
- Identify needs and solutions and begin relationships with small manufacturing firms/companies.
- Monitor manufacturing community, new and expanding companies to give information on MEP resources.
- Shadow MEP training workshops to follow-up on interest in MEP services.
- Promote MEP Utah to manufacturers throughout the state.
- Make initial analogy of basic manufacturing work environments to refer problems to be addressed by MEP service providers.
- Shadow manufacturing projects that include technical processes like plant layout, product process, environmental and regulatory matters and equipment software.
- Write and present initial assessment to a MEP service provider.
- Maintain log reports of activities in internal business portal for federal reporting activities.
- Participate in various state business conferences throughout the state when needed.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation with a high school diploma or a GED and at least two years of experience in the manufacturing industry or sales.
Ability to market programs and services of MEP and its resources.
Skill in identifying needs and solving problems in a wide variety of small manufacturing environments.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Skill in computers and computer applications, including Quick View and Performance Benchmark programs.
Requires in-state and out-of-state travel.
Knowledge of workshops and problem solving skills to enhance the program.
Skill in cold calling and building relationships.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.