|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|46||3GA – Department not found||Full-time||A97991|
- Identify and establish working relationships with small manufacturing firms regarding identification of needs and potential solutions.
- Monitor local manufacturing community for new or expanding companies to give information on MEP services.
- Establish working relationships with state, federal and local services.
- Refer companies to resources such as Technology Development Centers, UBRN partners, or private consultants.
- Monitor clients activities utilizing specialized software as well as evaluate work performed using Quick View and Performance Benchmark programs.
- Collect and assess information on work completed and its impact on companies, draft final reports for companies/MEP.
- Attend and report at monthly Field Engineering/Project Engineering meetings.
- Analyze work environments to define problems to be addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in engineering, manufacturing engineering, or a closely related field and two years of experience in a manufacturing environment; Or bachelor's degree as described and four years of experience related to essential duties.
- Knowledge of a broad range of relevant manufacturing technologies.
- Ability to provide technical assistance in areas such as plant layout, product processes, environmental, and other technical regulatory matters, equipment, and software.
- Ability to market programs and services of MEP and its resources.
- Ability to work collaboratively with federal, state, and local agencies and business service providers.
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve and make decisions.
- Skill to identify needs and solve problems in a wide variety of small manufacturing environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of individuals.
- Skill in computers and computer applications, including Quick View and Performance Benchmark programs.