Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Turning Point/Center for Personal and Career Development, the Assistant Instructor- Turning Point will plan, prepare and teach non-credit base courses for the center.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||4BJ – Department not found||Part-time||G48322|
Plan, prepare, teach and follow an approved course study guidelines.
Instruct and supervise groups or individuals through demonstrations, discussions, visual aids, lectures and other appropriate methods.
Assist department staff in maintaining effective programs.
Attend staff and training meeting as assigned.
Performs miscellaneous correlated duties as assigned.
- This position will be teaching Turning Point classes at the UVU West Campus.
- Schedule will vary between mornings/evenings or both.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work, family life education or a closely related field; OR an associate’s degree plus two years full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of post high school education and/or full-time paid experience totaling four years.
- Knowledge of subject matter and content of classes taught, to include Successful Life Management (Personal Development, Professional development), Managing Life Transitions and Anger Management.
- Skill in curriculum development.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective human relation skills.