Under the direction of the Senior Director, the Assistant Director- Turning Point will oversee all aspects of the Center for Personal and Career Development and participants in community based events related to departmental focus.
Position: Assistant Director- Turning Point
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||4BJ – Department not found||Full-time||A98786|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Assist in formulating and implementing department goals, policies, and programs.
- Design curriculum for personal development classes as well as professional development classes utilizing current labor market job seeking techniques.
- Teach personal and professional development and other psycho-educational classes utilizing adult focuses methodologies.
- Collect data and writes monthly and yearly reports.
- Oversee interviewing clients and students and develop educational and occupational plan for school or work re-entry.
- Supervise assigned staff and performs yearly evaluations.
- Attend and present at seminars and workshops to upgrade skills.
- Work with director to determining department scholarship awards and monitors the progress.
- Maintain oversight of the professional clothing sources.
- Assist in grant writing.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Coordinator Grade 36 Exempt
Advisor Gade 32 Exempt
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Physiology, Sociology, Social Work, Family Life Education or a closely related field.
Knowledge of Turning Point educational noncredit programs.
Knowledge of the surrounding communities needs.
Knowledge of computer and applications.
Skill in curriculum and grant writing and presentation.
Interviewing and documentation skills
Ability to collect and analyze data.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.