Oversees the daily activities of the office of Student Success and Retention, which includes the implementation of the Title III grant project and development and implementation of the First Year Experience. This position involves working closely with faculty members, students, and administrators in a collaborative and collegial manner.
Position: Director - Student Success & Retention Init.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|43||4BG – Department not found||Full-time||A97736|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Oversees supervise and coordinate the implementation of the SSRI (Title III grant project).
- Oversees supervise and coordinate the development and implementation of the First Year Experience (FYE).
- Oversee and supervise SSRI (Title III grant project) activity sub-committees projects and personnel.
- Reports on the SSRI (Title III grant project) to the grant Steering Committee, the Title III Grant Project Director, administrative councils, Faculty Council, and the Student Success and Retention Committee.
- Oversees and coordinate grant evaluation activities with Title III grant Project Director.
- Oversees and coordinate development and implementation of Student Retention Information Tracking System (SRITS) using the Enterprise Data Warehouse/Operational Data Store (EDW/ODS) and BANNER student database systems with the Associate VP/CIO for Information Technology, Associate VP for Student Services/Dean of Enrollment Management, and the director of Institutional Research.
- Works with College Marketing and Communication for all internal and external SSRI (Title III grant project) promotion and publicity.
- Develops and give presentations to internal and external UVU stakeholders relevant to SSRI (Title III grant project) activities.
- Oversees and coordinate the training process for UVU personnel on the FYE and SRITS.
- Oversees and coordinate, with the Faculty Center, the development and implementation of training for faculty and staff regarding SSRI (Title III grant project).
- Teaches and mentor faculty, staff, administrators, and student peer leaders for participation in the SSRI (Title III grant project) and the First Year Experience programs.
- Collaborations with the Advisement Leadership Council, oversee the development and implementation of a plan to use Academic Advisors for proactive advising that includes specific interventions associated with the SRITS and Early Alert academic warning system for the SSRI (Title III grant project).
- Serves on committees relevant to all aspects of the SSRI (Title III grant project) and first-year students.
- Manages the Student Success and Retention Coordinator.
- Oversees SSR and Title III grant budgets.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- grade 36 exempt full-time
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation with an accredited institution with a master's degree in Counseling, Education, or a related field and five years experience in higher education.
Successful teaching experience at the college level (full-time or part-time).
- Knowledge of Academic Advising and/or Faculty Mentoring.
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide strong, collaborative and effective leadership between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative work across college divisions and departments.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format.
- Familiarity with retention literature, educational data, and government reports.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Experience with managing budgets.
- Knowledge of underrepresented student populations.
- Federal grants management experience preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.