Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar, Coordinate and advise One Stop advisors on all activities related to Registration and Records procedures. Coordinate training sessions for the One Stop Advisors and Processing Center. Coordinate all aspects of NCAA compliance reporting. Coordinate all aspects of National Student Clearinghouse reporting. Manage the Registration/Records e-mail account. Coordinate grade changes and missing grade reports in academic history. Coordinate final grade distribution for high school distance education classes. Research and Coordinate with other departments in any needed data corrections/clean-up of processes related to Registration/Records related BANNER operations.
Position: Coordinator - Registration NCAA Compliance
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|13||4BB – Department not found||Full-time||A99352|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Coordinates and advises One Stop Advisors on daily activities related to Registration and Records procedures, including registration class changes (auditing, adding, dropping and withdrawing), issuing of official transcripts (status checking, GPA calculations), enrollment verification, document imaging (scanning and indexing into student's cumulative file) and assists in the development, training and problem solving of each of these activities.
- Coordinates grade changes in academic history, including missing grade reports and daily updates.
- Coordinates the NCAA compliance verification reporting, working closely with the Assistant Registrar and Athletic Department in related essential functions, including updating the NCAA database, certifying eligibility for continuing student-athletes, and reviewing transcripts to determines academic eligibility of transfer student-athletes before add/drop deadline.
- Coordinates and processes the National Student Clearinghouse reports, including scheduling, and submitting enrollment and degree verifications.
- Manages the Registration/Records e-mail account; including reviewing incoming e-mail on a daily basis, evaluation student issues and responding with appropriate information.
- Responds to calls and requests from other departments related to Registration/Records issues and concerns, including registration changes and updates.
- Distributes final grades, in electronic format, to high schools for distance education classes, working closely with the Distance Education department.
- Maintains and updates procedure manuals on Registration/Records procedures.
- Advises and trains employees, staff, faculty and students on university, state and federal policies and procedures pertaining to Registration/Records including FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act), determines exceptions to some Registraiton/Records policies in the absence of the Registrar and Assistant Registrar.
- Assists in resolving issues regarding data in the Banner Student System, including researching, troubleshooting, and updating incorrect/incomplete data.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- (3) Advisor Generalist - One Stop, Grade 11
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Willingness to work extra hours in a day/week when warranted.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate degree and two years experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
- Knowledge of student registration and records procedures related to academic history and university policy.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance reporting and student athlete eligibility and FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy ACT).
- Knowledge of office equipment, computer programs and current institutional student records system.
- Skills in effective communication, public speaking, and rapport-building, organization and maintenance of effective records management and information systems.
- Ability to apply effective general principles to specific conditions and policies.
- Ability to follow written/oral procedures and instructions and deal with the public effectively and courteously.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.