Under the direction of the Manger HVAC Programming, leads trouble-shooting and repair efforts on commercial grade heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and multi-zone systems that incorporate pneumatic, electronic, and/or programmable logic controls. Operations central plants with chiller/boilers, high-voltage electrical switch-gear, pumps, pneumatic, electronic controls, blueprint reading and initiation of new computerized control system.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|15||3EB – Department not found||Full-time||S00102|
- Assist in managing upkeep and repair of cooling, heating and pneumatic systems as well as evaluates sensor readings in all areas and keep each area at its predetermined temperature.
- Analyze building systems and controls campus wide for efficiency, safety and adjusts controls for optimum performance for energy conservation.
- Design a variety of systems and sub-systems, involving mechanical electrical system components/controls, to accommodate new construction or enhance efficiency and effectiveness of performance, comfort and energy for occupants.
- Analyze work of subordinate HVAC controls specialists in determining causes of off-normal and uncomfortable conditions and assist the initiating of appropriate adjustment of actions in emergencies.
- Coordinate and interact with maintenance, purchasing vendor’s contractors, department supervisory personnel, and design professionals to determine implementation of designs, purchases, repair work, and planning.
- Coordinate the scheduling times of HVAC equipment and lighting into a computerized management system, setting or resetting operating parameters within energy management goals.
- Oversee work of equipment conditions and all systems related to HVAC, to pick up on off-normal conditions of situations preparatory to initiating further work by us or external contractors.
- Refine computers and electronics to make needed and predetermined corrections, to save time, material and money.
- EPA and Gas Certification.
- Able to climb ladders, work in overhead conditions.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree in a related field and 6 years of experience; OR any combination of education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling 8 years. Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge application software, such as Word process, Word Perfect and Spreadsheets for analyzing and organizing data.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to document and track preventive maintenance activities.
- Ability to communicate with supporting crew to allow implementation of changes with minimal impact on campus and personal.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to read, understands, follows, and enforces safety procedures.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to develop heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system modification plans.