Under the supervision of the Associate Director - Senior Women's Administrator, the Director - Compliance & Student Services will: be responsible for NCAA Compliance for entire Athletic Department and implement and maintain NCAA policies and procedures; determine student-athlete eligibility; develop and implement programs to enhance the overall student-athlete experience at the NCAA Division I level; educate and train student-athletes, coaches, staff, campus entities, & administration on NCAA Compliance; organize student-athlete and department service activities, educational trainings, orientations, CHAMPS, etc.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|38||4GA – Department not found||Full-time||A98560|
- Oversee compliance and academic budgets.
- Supervise Head Academic Advisor, Asst Compliance/Academic Advisor, and tutor staff.
- Direct the daily NCAA Compliance Program for UVU Athletics.
- Train and educate 15-20 coaches, staff, campus entities, & administration on ongoing basis in NCAA compliance.
- Evaluate, research and submit NCAA violations.
- Direct the student-services of athletics and SAAC program (Student-Athlete Advisory Council) on a weekly basis.
- Submit NCAA required reports.
- Direct and monitor the certification of initial, transfer, and continuing academic eligibility of student-athletes.
- Oversee the recruiting compliance.
- Coordinate student support services with campus entities.
- Attend annual NCAA required trainings and implement ongoing changes to overall compliance program.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the NCAA CAi software program.
- Make independent and critical decisions daily.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Oversee entire coaching staff on compliance issues (ongoing).
- Must be able and willing to travel for NCAA Conferences.
- Must be able to work extra hours to coordinate completion of NCAA Certification, sometimes during holidays.
- Encouraged to join professional associations related to job skills.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree plus two years of experience with a NCAA athletic program as an athlete, coach or administrator; OR a bachelor’s degree plus four years of experience in a Division I athletics program as an athlete, coach, or administrator; OR any combination of education and experience in college athletics with a working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations totaling eight years.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations, and the functioning of an intercollegiate athletic department.
- Ability to oversee and manage a successful NCAA Div. I Compliance Programs
- Ability to review and implement legislation passed by the NCAA and Conference into campus and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to produce, coordinate and submit NCAA required reports.
- Ability to represent UVU Athletic Department appropriately & develop and maintain positive relationships with community agencies, campus entities, and department staff.
- Skill in record keeping and reporting for massive amounts of critical information.
- Skill in independent problem solving, decision making, and ability to maintain integrity in sensitive & critical situations on a daily basis.
- Ability to instruct, manage, motivate & evaluate student-athletes and coaches in areas of NCAA compliance, academics, and department policies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and execution.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate student-athlete enhancement programs including but not limited to; SAAC, CHAMPS Life Skills, orientations, educational trainings, study hall, service opportunities, athletic tutors, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to monitor gender equity, Title IX compliance, and progress of the athletic department compliance program.
- Skill in computer software for record keeping, presentations, and NCAA Compliance (CAi).
- Ability to direct and monitor the certification of initial, transfer, and continuing academic eligibility of student-athletes, and maintain NCAA Academic Performance Program.
- Ability to evaluate, research, and submit NCAA compliance violations.