Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director - Athletics Internal Affairs, the Supervisor - Athletic Equipment will: manage and oversee the maintenance of athletic and sports equipment for one or more of the university's various intercollegiate athletic sports programs; coordinate and maintain gyms and/or other sports facilities as appropriate.
Position: Supervisor - Athletic Equipment
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|08||4GA – Department not found||Full-time||A99210|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Plan, direct and organize the activities of the athletic equipment.
- Determine needs and generate purchase orders to acquire athletic and sports equipment.
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile uniform and equipment inventories, and oversee the maintenance of all inventory records for the program.
- Ensure NCAA compliance regulations as they relate to athletic equipment and that all procedures and operations are fully compliant.
- Oversee sports facilities, uniforms and equipment distribution and retrieval at practices and on game day.
- Oversee and coordinate all game day equipment preparations and setup for games.
- Coordinate with associate director in preparation for both away and home games.
- Coordinate the work of lower level athletic equipment staff and/or students engaged in the day-to-day performance of related activities.
- Ensure that all uniforms and related apparel and equipment are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Student employees part-time.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required in this position.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree in business, finance, accounting or mathematics OR two years of experience related to essential duties.
Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
Knowledge of athletic, mechanical, and electronic equipment, supplies, and/or uniform repair.
Skill in record keeping and inventory management.
Skill in problem solving, decision making and interpersonal.
Ability to direct the operation of issuing, repairing and laundering of athletic practice and game equipment.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
Ability to monitor budget and other financial transactions.
Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise staff and/or student employees.
Organization and coordinating skills.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.