Under general supervision, the Manager- Catering/Food will: market, sell and plan UVU catering services to internal and external clients; oversee the management of the food court and catered events including food, beverages, and equipment; coordinate the workers and resources for efficiency and preparedness; develop and monitor budget and sales goals related to food and labor costs.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|40||2JG – Department not found||Full-time||A97730|
- Establish and supervise the catering services to increase revenue.
- Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of food service personnel and organize and supervise culinary internship program.
- Work with chefs and other personnel to plan menus that are flavorful and popular with customers.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with chefs for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Review and monitor, with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
- Work to improve performance and increase revenue.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor of Science degree or hotel/restaurant management with two years of experience related to essential functions; OR a combination of practical experience and education that equals six years related to the essential functions.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control in order to analyze event requests and to assess catering product and equipment requirements.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Ability to be pleasant and polite when dealing with public as well as staff, to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment to allow for development and maintenance of record keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan a variety of menus.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Demonstrated performance management skills with the ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments to maximize employee development.