Under general supervision of the Director-CTE the Technician - Budget CTE will: provide for successful operation and management of Career Technical Education (CTE) financial grant fund accounting, records and reporting.
Position: Technician - Budget CTE
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|11||2CD – Department not found||Full-time||A98234|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Provide assistance to and monitor financial activities of CTE sponsored programs.
- Plan, assist and evaluate department operations of data gathering, reporting, requisitions, grant documentation, disbursements and travel services.
- Prepare detailed monthly financial summaries of Perkins funding.
- Monitor department-wide compliance with sound financial procedures and internal controls.
- Conduct preliminary discussions of deficiencies with department personnel to verify facts and obtain explanations for deficiencies.
- Assist in the development and publishing of annual financial reports for CTE sponsored programs.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and institution guidelines as they relate to the position.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Accounting, Business Management or related field; OR any combination of education and work experience totaling 4 years.
- Knowledge of general business and administrative budgeting principles.
- Skill in computers and computer applications, including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Skill in accurate financial report writing, publication and presentation.
- Ability to interpret federal, state and university grant funding guidelines.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.