Under the direction of a supervisor, will maintain all electrical systems, insuring good operation of all power and lighting systems. Repair faulty or damaged electrical equipment, wiring or conduit; put back in service in good operating condition. Perform electrical installation in remodeling as well as other construction and maintenance duties as needed.
Position: Electrician I - Facilities
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|14||3EE – Department not found||Full-time||A99999|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Assists in diagnosing electrical equipment and/or systems to safely isolate/identify any problems.
- Assists in repairing and/or replacing necessary parts/components to ensure safe operation of power and/or lighting systems.
- Operates diagnostic equipment such as volt meter, amp meter, etc…
- Assists in reading and interpreting blueprints/plans for both new constructions and remodeling.
- Assists with enforcing national electrical code requirements including state/local requirements.
- Assists in performing electrical functions as required for installing systems.
- Assists in collecting information, defining and determining tools, materials and equipment needed to most efficiently perform job.
- Assists in determining best possible approach to the job to ensure safe procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in uncomfortable working conditions (i.e. weather, heights, small spaces).
Graduation from a standard senor high school or equivalent and any combination of education or experience totaling 2 years related to the summary of duties.
- Knowledge of general construction or maintenance type of work.
- Ability to do the work of an electrician with close supervision.
- Ability to function with dexterity and safety.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.