Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Coordinator -Outreach CTE will: increase student engagement, program completion and diversity inclusion by working collaboratively to establish and coordinate initiatives and activities; develop and coordinate programs to increase and promote the involvement and completion of Career and Technical Education students at the University.
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|31||2CD – Department not found||Full-time||A98219|
- Coordinate and develop UVU Career and Technical Education (CTE), outreach initiatives and activities as assigned.
- Acquire and develop knowledge of past and current trends in the field of underrepresented students and mentoring development theory.
- Assist in the development of conferences, event planning, presentations, reports, contracts, basic liability and risk management issues.
- Develop, coordinate and assess in-depth student engagement, involvement outreach and training programs, which support diverse cultures, populations and interests of students to strengthen the overall mission of Career and Technical Education.
- Provide general career and technical education outreach, for students, business and industry, community advisory councils, student boards, volunteers and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate and work closely with other college departments and staff members interested in strengthening CTE outreach and diversity efforts as assigned.
- Develop and facilitate Career and Technical Education training programs and research based on organizational needs.
- Attend all assigned meetings, retreats, committees, conferences and activities to provide outreach, recommendations, support and other job-related duties as assigned.
May require some travel, week-end and /or after hours responsibilities.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor degree; or any combination of education and experience totaling 4 years. Degree in communications, public relations or related field is preferred. Bilingual background is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in Career and Technical Education areas relating to student development and completion, underrepresented populations, and goal assessment strategies.
- Ability to manage several diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to train groups and promote CTE programs.
- Ability to gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports.
- Strong oral communication and business writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.