The position is responsible for the evaluation of all incoming transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions of higher education. Also includes the evaluation of AP/CLEP/DANTES /Challenge and Experiential credit.
Position: Technician - Transfer Credit
|Grade||Department||Position type:||Position Number|
|4BF – Department not found||Full-time||S00018|
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Applies college transfer credit policies and procedures to ensure credibility of the transfer credit process as well as the accuracy of data entered.
- Facilitates the processing, evaluating, and posting of all transfer credit (excluding foreign college credit) at UVU.
- Submits requests for evaluations to department chairs and advisors for their evaluation of new and changes to incoming transfer work.
- Enters articulation information from the departments into the computer articulation forms.
- Approves academic credits for valid UVU course equivalencies or electives for UVU transfer students where applicable.
- Compares official transcripts received from colleges to determine if course work applies to programs at the University.
- Searches databases and the Internet to determine proper course description equivalencies for questionable courses.
- Maintains comparative tables of Banner allowing transfer credit equivalencies between institutions.
- Posts all challenge and experiential credit to the Banner System.
- Posts Advanced Placement/CLEP/and DANTES credit and determines equivalent UVU course work.
- Reviews in-state institutions catalogs annually for updates to the computer articulation system.
- Assists management in decision, planning, and organizing the functions of the Transfer Credit department.
- Formulates plans and procedures to best serve students’ needs.
Special Requirements of the Position:
Graduation from an accredited institution with an Associate’s degree and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
- Knowledge of content and curriculum.
- Knowledge of Transfer Credit best practices.
- Skill in word processing, spreadsheets and Database software -Microsoft Office Suite and Banner preferred.
- Skill in filing & record management.
- Ability to be highly detailed in work related issues.
- Ability to work independently on a multi-task level.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to completion.
- Ability to deal with diversity of personalities.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Ability to anticipate departmental and student needs.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a diverse group or individuals.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.