Mid-Year Check-In for the 2015 Performance Plan is due September 1, 2015
Resources are located near the bottom of this page.
Performance Management Program
The performance management program is intended to help employees be successful in
their jobs at Utah Valley University and participate in continuous feedback and support.
Performance management also helps achieve individual, department and institution-wide
- opening lines of communication;
- promoting a work environment in which goals are set and achieved through working together;
- coaching performance at different levels; and
- providing the tools to plan, maintain, and continuously improve future performance.
The performance management program applies to full-time, non-faculty staff.
- During the year - Effective and balanced coaching and feedback (performance feedback
at least quarterly).
- January to March - Leaders meet with staff employees for annual performance plan evaluations
and together, supervisor and employee create work goals for the upcoming year.
- April - Final reports submitted by HR to executive leadership.
- The electronic performance management system found at www.uvu.jobs/hr.
- Supervisor: Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help leaders
prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their employees.
- Employee: Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help employees prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with
- Employees complete a self-evaluation of their Performance Plan 2014.
- Supervisors complete their evaluation of the employee’s Performance Plan 2014.
- 2nd Level Supervisors review and approve the evaluation completed by the Supervisor.
- Supervisors and employees then complete a “Supervisor Employee Review Meeting” to
discuss the evaluation and review the employee’s progress.
- Supervisors “Complete” the meeting in the electronic performance management system.
- Employees “Acknowledge” the meeting occurred in the electronic performance management
Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
As part of the Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions, each supervisor must review
the Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement with employees.
Each employee must then complete the Disclosure Statement and return it to HR. The
Code of Conduct and the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement forms may be found
below. For specific questions regarding the Code of Conduct or the Conflict of Interest
Disclosure Statement, please contact University Compliance Services at extension 8156
or visit their web page at www.uvu.edu/compliance.
Code of Conduct (pdf)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement (pdf)
Trainings and Open Lab Dates/Times (pdf)
Employees: Evaluating a Performance Plan (pdf)
Supervisors: Evaluating a Performance Plan (pdf)
Creating a Performance Plan--Instructions for Employees (pdf)
Reviewing a Performance Plan--Instructions for Supervisors (pdf)
Goals and Core Competencies (pdf)
2014 Annual Performance Evaluation Information Sheet (pdf)
2015 Frequently Asked Questions of Performance Evaluations (pdf)
2015 Performance Management Overview Document (pdf)
Supervisor: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Employee: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Policy #331 - Performance Evaluation for Staff Employees
NOTE: To view the associated files on this site, follow these instructions.
- Right-Click the item you wish to download.
- Then choose Save Target As..
- If you choose to download the files without following these instructions the files
will not be useable.
Questions regarding performance evaluations may be directed to the Human Resources
Department at extension 8207.