2014 Performance Plans are now accessible at www.uvu.jobs/hr
2013 Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions
Due Dates for the Paper 2013 Summation Forms:
All full-time staff employees (exempt and nonexempt)--Signed original copy due to
HR by March 31, 2014.
Performance Management Program
The performance management program is intended to help employees be successful in
their jobs at Utah Valley University and participate in continuous feedback and support.
Performance management also helps achieve individual, department and institution-wide
- opening lines of communication;
- promoting a work environment in which goals are set and achieved through working together;
- coaching performance at different levels; and
- providing the tools to plan, maintain, and continuously improve future performance.
The performance management program applies to full-time, non-faculty staff.
- During the year - Effective and balanced coaching and feedback (performance feedback
at least quarterly).
- January to March - Leaders meet with staff employees for annual evaluation discussions
and complete the Summation Form.
- April - Final reports submitted by HR to executive leadership.
- Summation Form - The main performance management tool that summarizes an employee's
performance during a specific period of time (i.e., 3, 6 months or annual).
- Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion with an Employee - A guide to help
leaders prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their employees.
- Preparing for Your Own Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help employees
prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their leaders.
- Employees complete the employee sections of the Summation Form and give the form to
- Supervisors complete the form, including the "Supervisor's Comments" section.
- Supervisors should discuss an employee's annual summation with the second level supervisor
prior to meeting with the employee.
- Supervisor and employee evaluate the employee's performance based on supporting material.
The supervisor records the employee's annual performance on the 2013 Summation Form.
- Employee and supervisor discuss and sign the completed 2013 Summation Form. Additionally,
employees should complete the Annual Conflict of Interest Statement at this time.
Send this form along with the completed 2013 Summation Form to HR.
- The employee, supervisor and second level supervisor's signatures are required.
- Forms with missing signatures will be returned.
- A signed, original copy of the 2013 Summation Form should be returned to HR by the
due date. No electronic copies please.
- Remember to make a copy of the completed 2013 Summation Form (with all signatures)
for the employee before submitting the form to HR.
Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
As part of the Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions, each supervisor must review
the Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement with employees.
Each employee must then complete the Disclosure Statement and return it to HR along
with the completed 2013 Summation Form. The Code of Conduct and Disclosure Statement
form may be found at or on the performance management website. For specific questions
regarding the Code of Conduct or the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement, please
contact University Compliance Services at extension 8156 or visit their web page at
Code of Conduct (pdf)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement (pdf)
Creating a Performance Plan--Instructions for Employees (pdf)
Reviewing a Performance Plan--Instructions for Supervisors (pdf)
Creating Goals Tip Sheet (pdf)
2014 Annual Performance Evaluation Information Sheet (pdf)
Summation Form (NCAA Compliance)
2014 Frequently Asked Questions of Performance Evaluations (pdf)
2014 Performance Management Overview Document (pdf)
Supervisor: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Employee: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Policy #331 - Performance Evaluation for Staff Employees
NOTE: To view the associated files on this site, follow these instructions.
- Right-Click the item you wish to download.
- Then choose Save Target As..
- If you choose to download the files without following these instructions the files
will not be useable.
Questions regarding performance evaluations may be directed to the Human Resources
Department at extension 8207.