2014 Performance Plans are now accessible at www.uvu.jobs/hr
2013 Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions
Due Dates for the Paper 2013 Summation Forms:
All full-time staff employees (exempt and nonexempt)--Signed original copy due to HR by
March 31, 2014.
Performance Management Program
The performance management program is intended to help employees be successful in their jobs at Utah Valley University and participate in continuous feedback and support. Performance management also helps achieve individual, department and institution-wide results by:
- opening lines of communication;
- promoting a work environment in which goals are set and achieved through working together;
- coaching performance at different levels; and
- providing the tools to plan, maintain, and continuously improve future performance.
The performance management program applies to full-time, non-faculty staff.
- During the year - Effective and balanced coaching and feedback (performance feedback at least quarterly).
- January to March - Leaders meet with staff employees for annual evaluation discussions and complete the Summation Form.
- April - Final reports submitted by HR to executive leadership.
- Summation Form - The main performance management tool that summarizes an employee's performance during a specific period of time (i.e., 3, 6 months or annual).
- Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion with an Employee - A guide to help leaders prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their employees.
- Preparing for Your Own Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help employees prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their leaders.
- Employees complete the employee sections of the Summation Form and give the form to their supervisor.
- Supervisors complete the form, including the “Supervisor’s Comments” section.
- Supervisors should discuss an employee’s annual summation with the second level supervisor prior to meeting with the employee.
- Supervisor and employee evaluate the employee’s performance based on supporting material. The supervisor records the employee’s annual performance on the 2013 Summation Form.
- Employee and supervisor discuss and sign the completed 2013 Summation Form. Additionally, employees should complete the Annual Conflict of Interest Statement at this time. Send this form along with the completed 2013 Summation Form to HR.
- The employee, supervisor and second level supervisor’s signatures are required.
- Forms with missing signatures will be returned.
- A signed, original copy of the 2013 Summation Form should be returned to HR by the due date. No electronic copies please.
- Remember to make a copy of the completed 2013 Summation Form (with all signatures) for the employee before submitting the form to HR.
Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
As part of the Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions, each supervisor must review the Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement with employees. Each employee must then complete the Disclosure Statement and return it to HR along with the completed 2013 Summation Form. The Code of Conduct and Disclosure Statement form may be found at or on the performance management website. For specific questions regarding the Code of Conduct or the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement, please contact University Compliance Services at extension 8156 or visit their web page at www.uvu.edu/compliance.
Policy #331 - Performance Evaluation for Staff Employees
NOTE: To view the associated files on this site, follow these instructions.
- Right-Click the item you wish to download.
- Then choose Save Target As..
- If you choose to download the files without following these instructions the files will not be useable.
Questions regarding performance evaluations may be directed to the Human Resources Department at extension 8207.Last Updated 2/27/14