2013 Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions
Due Dates For Completed Forms
All employees (exempt and nonexempt) - Signed original copy due to HR by March 31, 2013.
Performance Management Program
The performance management program is intended to help employees be successful in their jobs at Utah Valley University and participate in continuous feedback and support. Performance management also helps achieve individual, department and institution-wide results by:
- opening lines of communication;
- promoting a work environment in which goals are set and achieved through working together;
- coaching performance at different levels; and
- providing the tools to plan, maintain, and continuously improve future performance.
The performance management program applies to full-time, non-faculty staff.
- During the year - Effective and balanced coaching and feedback (performance feedback at least quarterly)
- January to March - Leaders meet with staff employees for annual evaluation discussions and complete the Summation Form.
- April - Final reports submitted by HR to executive leadership
- For new, full-time staff employees - probationary evaluation discussions using the Summation Form held at 3 months of employment, 6 months of employment, and then annually thereafter.
- Summation Form - The main performance management tool that summarizes an employee's performance during a specific period of time (i.e., 3, 6 months or annual).
- Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion with an Employee - A guide to help leaders prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their employees.
- Preparing for Your Own Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help employees prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their leaders.
- Performance Evaluation Discussion Checklist - Designed for leaders, provides a list of performance characteristics leaders may wish to address with employees during an evaluation discussion.
- All employees should have individual work plans or other documents that are the portfolio of employee performance. Work plans are not submitted to HR.
- Leader and employee evaluate the employee's performance based on the employee's work plan. The leader may also choose to use the Performance Evaluation Discussion Checklist as a guide. The leader records the employee's annual performance on the Summation Form.
- Leaders should discuss an employee's summation with the second level leader prior to meeting with employee.
- Employee and leader discuss and sign the completed annual performance summation.
- The employee, leader and second level leader's signatures are required.
- Forms with missing signatures will be returned.
- A signed, original copy of the performance summation should be returned to HR by the due date.
- Remember to make a copy of the completed Summation Form (with all signatures) for the employee before submitting the form to HR. (Please do not send electronic copies of the Summation Form.)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
As part of the Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions, each supervisor should review a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement with employees. Each employee should then complete the Disclosure Statement and return it to HR along with the completed Summation Form. The Disclosure Statement form may also be found on the performance management website. For specific questions regarding the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement, please contact the University Compliance Services office at extension 8156 or by visiting their web page at www.uvu.edu/compliance and clicking on the conflict of interest tab.
Policy #331 - Performance Evaluation for Staff Employees
NOTE: To view the associated files on this site, follow these instructions.
- Right-Click the item you wish to download.
- Then choose Save Target As..
- If you choose to download the files without following these instructions the files will not be useable.
Performance Management Summation Form (doc)
Performance Management Summation Form - NCAA Version (doc)
(Athletics Department employees and NCAA required positions only)
Questions regarding performance evaluations may be directed to the Human Resources Department at extension 8207.Last Updated 1/11/13