2015 Annual Evaluations will begin February 1 and need to be completed by
March 31, 2016.
Resources are located near the bottom of this page.
Performance Management Program
The performance management program is intended to help employees be successful in
their jobs at Utah Valley University and participate in continuous feedback and support.
Performance management also helps achieve individual, department and institution-wide
- opening lines of communication;
- promoting a work environment in which goals are set and achieved through working together;
- coaching performance at different levels; and
- providing the tools to plan, maintain, and continuously improve future performance.
The performance management program applies to full-time, non-faculty staff.
- During the year - Effective and balanced coaching and feedback (performance feedback
at least quarterly).
- January to March - Leaders meet with staff employees to conduct the annual evaluation
and create an optional performance plan (at the supervisor's discretion).
- April - Final reports submitted by HR to executive leadership.
- The electronic performance management system found at https://userve.uvu.edu/upm
- Supervisor: Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help leaders
prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with their employees.
- Employee: Preparing for a Performance Evaluation Discussion - A guide to help employees prepare for a performance evaluation discussion with
- Employees complete an Annual Core Competencies Evaluation, rating themselves for the
- Supervisors complete their evaluation of the employee’s Core Competencies for the
- 2nd Level Supervisors review the evaluation completed by the supervisor and discuss it
- Supervisors and employees then meet to discuss the evaluation and review the employee’s
- Supervisors either return the evaluation to the employee for their reply/comments,
or finish the evaluation process by clicking on “Save as Complete” in the electronic performance management system (UVUPM).
- If the employee entered a reply/comments, they finish the evaluation process by clicking
the “Save as Complete” button.
Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
As part of the Annual Performance Evaluation Discussions, each supervisor must review
the Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement with employees.
Each employee must then complete the Disclosure Statement and return it to HR. The
Code of Conduct and the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement forms may be found
below. For specific questions regarding the Code of Conduct or the Conflict of Interest
Disclosure Statement, please contact University Compliance Services at extension 8156
or visit their web page at www.uvu.edu/compliance.
Code of Conduct (pdf)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement (pdf)
Trainings and Open Lab Dates/Times (pdf)
Core Competencies (pdf)
2015 Annual Performance Evaluation Information Sheet (pdf)
2015 Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
2015 Performance Management Overview Document (pdf)
Supervisor: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Employee: Preparing for an Evaluation Discussion (pdf)
Employee: Short Video Tutorial
Supervisor: Short Video Tutorial
Policy #331 - Performance Evaluation for Staff Employees
NOTE: To view the associated files on this site, follow these instructions.
- Right-Click the item you wish to download.
- Then choose Save Target As..
- If you choose to download the files without following these instructions the files
will not be useable.
Questions regarding performance evaluations may be directed to the Human Resources
Department at extension 8207.